There are two types of IELTS: Academic and General Training. Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing sections differs depending on which test you take.
The Listening, Reading, and Writing sections of all IELTS tests are completed on the same day, with no breaks in between them.
The Speaking section, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests. Your test center will advise.
The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
You can go to https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/ to register
1. Go to the website https://ielts.britishcouncil.org
2. Select your country territory
3. Find your test date
4. Choose a date that would fit your schedule and if available click apply
5. Read the terms and condition of the examination and click on the box at the end to proceed
6. Fill in all the required information on the space provided
7. Select Institutions you want your grades sent to
8. To finalize click on the box “I’m not a robot “then finish by choosing the Apply Now option
9. Print the summary page and proceed to payment options.
Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
Account No: – 1000004548446
Note that it is MANDATORY TO STATE YOUR IELTS REFERENCE NUMBER which starts with ET001- in the cash deposit slip under the deposited by section.
Failing to state IELTS reference numbers in the deposit slip may lead to delays in registration confirmation.
Your registration shall be canceled if you fail to complete your payment within five working days. Also, note that cash deposits made within five days after registering online are entitled to be refunded as per the IELTS refund and cancelation policy.
Please read here or visit our website for refund/cancellation policy https://ethiopia.britishcouncil.org/exam/ielts/terms-and-conditions
Please keep your cash deposit slip and present to British Council upon completing registration.
If you have any other queries please contact us on +251 (0)911 512835 or +251 (0)11 617 4300.